Why choose this two socket pedestal charge point?
Welcome to our new workplace dual socket pedestal charge point…
Let me be honest with you, it’s made in China!
But before you roll your eyes, it’s a quality piece of kit, and is licenced to be distributed and supported in the UK under the Project EV brand.
The Chinese manufacturer is called ATESS Power Technology who also make inverters and batteries for the EV industry.
They have a 60 strong R&D team and distribute products to over 60 countries around the world, proving they are well established in the Global EV charging industry.
Project EV provide UK customers with a huge 5-year warranty, 3-year parts and labour and the remaining 2-year parts only, standing them out from other EV charge point manufacturers.
Why have we included it in our portfolio of workplace charge points?
- Its available to install within 2 weeks, where others can be 8 weeks.
- It’s affordable, making it better value than other twin socketed pedestal EV chargers.
- It’s sleek and quite attractive, with RFID & QR payment support as standard.
- The basic app is free to use, with paid options for more advanced features.
- It has a 5-year warranty as standard, which is 2 more than most others.
- Single phase 7kw or 3-phase 11Kw & 22Kw options are available.
- Connectivity includes ethernet & Wi-Fi with an option for 4G.
- Has dynamic load management, which monitors multiple charge points.
- And has a unique cable locking system, to stop people removing your charging cable.
The basic software comes with lots of great features, and if you’re willing to pay extra for the pro version, you get a ‘public pay at charger’ option with customisable tariffs and loads of reporting.
…overall, there’s a lot to like about this pedestal charge point, and it gets 5 stars from us.