Wallbox Copper SB EV charger review…
Welcome to the 1st of our workplace EV charger video series…
Electric vehicle chargers installed at the workplace must be more robust than home chargers, as potentially, they will be used by more people more of the time.
Also, the Workplace Charging Scheme (which offers grants of £350 against each workplace EV charger installed) is only available if an approved workplace charger is installed.
The 1st workplace charger we’re reviewing is the stunning Wallbox Copper SB, and as far as workplace EV chargers go, it’s a good-looking unit.
It’s robust enough for commercial and semi-public use, and its universal socket is suitable for both type 1 & type 2 vehicle connectors, with access control managed through RFID.
The Wallbox Copper SB is an intelligent device that is always connected to the myWallbox charging management platform.
Allowing multiple users to be monitored and available power to be distributed across all your installed chargers.
Its key features include:
- Socket connector is universal accepted by all plug-in vehicle types.
- The authentication of multiple users can be done through both RFID and the App.
- Balancing charging power across chargers thanks to Power Sharing Smart.
- Beautifully designed and manufactured, it’ll make a real statement about your company.
- Available in phase 1 7.4 Kw or 3 phase 11K & 22K versions
- Comes with timed charging and a lock to stop people using your electric
Couple of things to remember, it’s socketed so you’ll need your own type 1 or type 2 charging cable and, as with most workplace chargers, it’ll need earthing via an earth rod or Matt: E device.
What’s the best thing about the Wallbox Copper SB?
Well, we’ve fitted a number of these units and as well as being robust with lots of features, they’re stunning to look at, and a nice addition to any workplace.
…Wallbox’s Copper SB gets a 5-star rating.