General Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works.
Sometimes issues arise on the day that means we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So, for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
Evolutions Solutions NW LTD standard installation package for the Homecharge Pod Point covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of an EV charger on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter/distribution board and the charging unit.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the EV charger.
- An additional three-way consumer unit, if required.
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The charging unit must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case, we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the EV charger to be fitted on please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch:
- Evolution Solutions follows BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NICEIC guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused, and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install, then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate?
We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the Evolution Solutions. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate the unit or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier.
We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works, then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If required, your installation project manager or Evolution Solutions Expert will detail required works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- Installation of earth rod If required.
- If the properties incoming gas & water services main bonding do not meet the required standards of bs7671 an additional cost will be required determined by a survey.
- If the additional works are minor (less than 2 hours additional works) and can be completed on the day, you will be eligible for a £50 discount if you decide to pay and proceed on the day.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, Evolution Solutions will quote for additional works, and a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If your Evolution Solutions Expert suspects that the installation will not comply with the OLEV grant requirements (see OLEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing Evolution Solutions with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OLEV for pre-approval. Should Evolution Solutions receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on site for the entire duration of the install.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event will Evolution Solutions accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the use and/or misuse of our hardware or software products except where this is caused by our negligence.
In no event will Evolution Solutions accept any liability for any loss, costs or consequential damage due to the aborted installation of a home charge point where it is not safe or practical to install.
- This includes, but isn’t limited to, issues related to land ownership or power which can’t be assessed prior to installing. In these circumstances, we will provide a full refund of all money paid to us (Evolution Solutions) in respect of the planned installation, unless you (the customer) withheld any key information from us.
You (the customer) are liable for any costs incurred due to the supply of false, inaccurate or incomplete information to us (Evolution Solutions) in relation to the OLEV and EST home charge grants or any other of the services we offer.
Home Charge Grant for Electric Car Charging:
The Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) provides a grant for EV drivers to have an EV charger installed at their home. Evolution Solutions will process and manage the application in order to claim the grant for you.
The grant is subject to a number of terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here
Summary of OLEV Terms and Conditions:
- Residents must provide evidence of being the registered keeper or lessee or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home. However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car…
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the EV charger
- Any area where the installation of a charging unit may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the charging unit.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, Evolution Solutions requires listed consent from the local planning authority before an installation can take place.
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/…
Customers who require additional information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OLEV directly on:
- All our charge points are supplied with Carbon Sync capability.
- Carbon Sync allows us to briefly pause charging on instruction from official bodies (for example the national grid) for the purpose of balancing or maintaining stability of the local or national electrical generation or distribution grid. Under normal circumstances, we don’t expect Carbon Sync to have any material effect on charging, however, you agree that Carbon Sync may lead to pauses in charging.
Waste of electronic and electrical equipment:
Evolutions Solutions NW LTD are compliant with the WEEE (Waste of electronic and electrical equipment) regulations and the PRN is WEE/CH5416WQ
functionality. Please call our support team if you have any questions.
If your home charge unit is installed from a secondary distribution board, your cut out fuse is not protected from overload.
The stats report is intended as a guideline only and Evolution Solutions shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss, corruption, discrepancies of data or your use of content and use of the data. Please speak to your tax advisor before using any data from this report in any tax return.
(1) Total miles: the total number of miles the EV driver has completed over a period of time selected by the user.
(2) Total business miles: the total number of miles the EV driver is looking to have reimbursed by their company.